One of the most frequent questions we get from our customers is how do I clean my hydrotherapy tub? A hydrotherapy tub may require special consideration when cleaning it the same way a hot tub requires special attention. The jets can become a breeding ground for mold, mildew and bacteria if not tended to properly. We recommend that this be done no less than once every 2-3 months (depending on usage). To clean your hydrotherapy tub, follow these very simple steps:
- Fill your hydrotherapy tub with cool water (not straight cold) to a level 1-2 inches above the jets.
- Add 1/4 cup of dish washing detergent to the water.
- Run your jets for about 5 minutes. This will get the detergent to circulate through your jets.
- Drain the tub and clean the bottom of the tub to get rid of the gunk.
- Refill the tub with cool water above the jet line and run the jets for another 5 minutes to remove any remaining stuff in the jets.
The amount of dish washing detergent is based on a normal sized hydrotherapy tub. If you have an oversized tub you will need to adjust the amount of detergent you use.